6th Grade Science
Sixth grade students examine the human body, are introduced to chemistry, and explore space and the physical atmosphere as they progress through on and off-computer lessons and experiments in this engaging course. This course sparks passion for science with lessons that incorporate biblical concepts and Bible verses into the curriculum, helping them to understand God's relationship to the world in which we live.
This course is available in honors.
This science course was designed to be academically rigorous, promote digital literacy, and give students a biblical science perspective. Guided by their teacher, students will look at the world around them and examine the systems of the body, molecular genetics of animals and plants, chemical structure, and light and sound, and motion measurement. The course units include text-based lessons, on and off computer exercises, special projects, learning games, quizzes, and tests that appeal to today's digital generation and help teachers to evaluate progress and mastery of the materials. Ignitia 6th Grade Science enriches the educational experience for Christian school students and sparks a passion for learning.
Throughout the course, students will explore the following topics:
- Systems of the Human Body
- The Nervous System and Plant Behavior
- Reproduction and Genetics
- The Atmosphere
- Earth and Space
- Astronomy and Constellations
- 6th grade science purchases/Modified 6th grade science purchases/Honors 6th grade science purchases. Please note that not all science experiment materials need to be purchased. If you are unable to purchase or find any of the materials, please contact your student’s science teacher and see what accommodations or alternatives are available.
- Science: Plants, Animal Behavior, and Molecular Genetics
Get Started with Enlightium Academy Full-Time
Enlightium Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course as well as others at any time! Full time students can save up to 25% off tuition and have more support options available based on their need and budget. Visit the tuition page to learn more about our pricing. 1st Semester is from August 22nd to December 23rd. 2nd Semester is from January 9th to June 2nd. Have questions first? Call us at 866-488-4818.