Teaching from a Christian Worldview
A worldview is a perspective, a set of precepts that guides our behavior, a way of thinking and acting. A Christian worldview is built on the premise that all truth is God’s truth. Since He is the Sovereign Creator, all areas of inquiry are beneficial for our edification. This translates into a desire to know and a thirst to understand humanity and the world. The understanding upon which Christianity rests, as found in the scriptures, inform and make up the framework of the Christian worldview.
At Enlightium Academy (EA), denominational differences are accepted. We live and teach according to the following truths found in the scriptures:
- Creation — Everything was created by God, and humanity was created in His image. He placed within us an innate desire for knowledge.
- The Fall — The cost of sin is death, and since the fall, humanity has livedin a constant struggle with God.
- Redemption — Jesus Christ came into the world, fully God and fully man, and bore the penalty of humanity’s sin on the cross to restore humanity to right relationship with himself, saving humanity from the power of sin and death.
- Future Hope — As Christ rose from the dead, so we also will experience the resurrection when Christ returns to restore all things, saving the world from the presence of sin forever.
It is through this understanding of the world that we look at art, history, science, and English. We recognize the “common grace” (revelation of the truths of God to Christians and non-Christians alike) manifested throughout all of the created order.
What does this mean for Enlightium Academy’s teachers and courses?
- All courses are taught by Christian teachers.
- All courses have been reviewed for Biblical integration opportunities.
- Prayer is incorporated into the life of the school.
- Students and parents are made aware that all courses, student meetings, and other aspects of the school are conducted from this Christian worldview.