Parent and Student Agreement
At Enlightium Academy, we understand parental involvement is a vital component of educational success. To help parents and students understand their responsibilities at Enlightium Academy, administration asks both parents and students to read the Parental Agreement, Student Agreement, and Nondiscriminatory Policy below.
As the parent/guardian of a student enrolled with Enlightium Academy, I understand and agree to the following:
- I acknowledge that the Academy's curriculum is written from a Bible-centered, Christian worldview in accordance with the Academy's statement of faith.
- I will review the Academy's online handbook and academic program guidelines, and I will abide by all the policies and procedures therein.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to meet all applicable local and state educational laws and requirements. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to select the course of study needed to meet any applicable graduation requirements in my state.
- I understand that I am responsible for providing on-site supervision for my student. I also acknowledge my responsibility in motivating my student to follow and complete each assigned course of study within the designated enrollment period and on a schedule that facilitates teachers' feedback.
- I understand that the work my student submits to the Academy must be his/hers solely. Tests and quizzes must be completed by the student in one sitting, independent of any other resources (e.g., answer keys, lesson text, coaching, etc.)
- I understand that the academic year is consisting of 180 school days (approximately nine calendar months), but if necessary, a maximum of twelve months are allowed to complete one school year's coursework.
- I understand that the registration fee is non-refundable once it has been processed, regardless of placement test results.
- I understand that the Academy reserves the right to cancel enrollment at any time due to tuition non-payment, unsatisfactory progress, program abuse, or failure to follow Academy procedures.
- I have read and understand the cancellation and refund policy. If I choose to cancel or withdraw my student, I will notify the Academy in writing or by email.
- I understand that the Academy does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, or national origin.
- I am aware that the Academy may change polices and procedures as needed. These changes will be announced on the Academy e-newsletter called "Enlightium Academy Today" and/or the Academy Reference Center.
- I agree to update the Academy with current contact information, including email, postal, shipping addresses, and telephone. I recognize that electronic mail and the Enlightium Academy website are the preferred means of communication between the Academy and me.
- By enrolling my student in Enlightium Academy Online, I grant Enlightium Academy permission to send me the Academy e-newsletter, Enlightium Academy Today, and I agree to remain subscribed to Enlightium Academy Today and responsible for reading the infromation in the Enlightium Academy Today as long as one or more of my children are enrolled in Enlightium Academy.
Knowing that God sees everything I do, I pledge the following:
- I will do my best to complete my schoolwork on my own, but if I need help, I will let my parent(s) or teacher know.
- I will treat my parents and the Academy's teachers with respect.
- I will do my best to follow the Academy's rules and complete my work on schedule.
- I will not cheat. I will answer the questions on my quizzes and tests from memory without help from any other person or source not named in the directions.
- I will not share answers with any other student.
- In my writing projects, I will follow the Academy's guidelines for showing where I found the exact words or specific information.
- If using the Synchronization version of Switched-On Online, I will synchronize before and after completing my daily school work, whenever possible.
Enlightium Academy Online admits students of any race, ethnic origin, gender, or nationality. The Academy does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnic origin, gender, creed, nationality, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.