Biology (AP® Courses Offered)
In previous courses, students should have developed an understanding of the biological processes that are exhibited in the world. This biology course will expand upon that knowledge and deepen students’ understanding. The major concepts covered are chemical properties of living things, cells, genetics, evolution, biological diversity, plants, animals, and ecology.
Students at this level should show development in their ability and understanding of scientific inquiry. The units contain experiments and projects that seek to develop a deeper conceptual meaning for the student and actively engage the student. The continued exposure of science concepts and scientific inquiry will serve to improve the student’s skill and understanding. As an AP Biology course, the structure is designed to be equivalent of a college level general biology course. This course has been built around the four big ideas and seven science practices published in the AP Biology Curriculum Framework.
Throughout the course, students will explore the following topics:
- Describe the chemical properties that affect living organisms.
- Explain key characteristics and functions of cells.
- Describe the role of genetics and its impact on living organisms.
- Outline the evolutionary history of the earth.
- Describe the biological diversity of the three biological domains.
- Describe the form and function of plants.
- Describe the form and function of animals.
- Explain the role of ecology on the Earth.
- Completion of a standard biology course with a C or better.
- Completion of a standard chemistry course with a C or better.
*AP is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endose, this product.
Get Started with Enlightium Academy Full-Time
Enlightium Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course as well as others at any time! Full time students can save up to 25% off tuition and have more support options available based on their need and budget. Visit the tuition page to learn more about our pricing. 1st Semester is from August 22nd to December 23rd. 2nd Semester is from January 9th to June 2nd. Have questions first? Call us at 866-488-4818.