Job Opening: High School Guidance Counselor
At Enlightium Academy, the counselors are passionate about helping students succeed with our personalized approach to learning. Enlightium is a fully accredited, U.S. diploma-granting, private online school for grades K - 12. All around the world, we continue to help thousands of students learn in the ways that are right for them, nurturing a joy for learning and a passion to pursue their interests. Our online courses are not only rigorous and interactive, but provide instruction based on a Christian worldview, encouraging students to consider challenging questions from a biblical perspective.
We are searching for a High School Counselor to join our amazing team! You will work with a caseload of students in using professional judgment and following the various graduation paths in choosing and assigning coursework based on previous records, and ensure criteria is met to receive credits. Apply today to learn more about this exciting career opportunity.
- Employment Type: Full-time.
- Business Days: Monday – Friday.
- Hours: 7 AM to 4 PM.
- Compensation: Based on experience and education.
- Location: Spokane, WA 99201.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility will be to evaluate transcripts and work with students to assign the proper courses for students to prepare them for high school graduation and beyond. Experience in this area is looked at most favorably.
- Consulting: The school counselor consults with students, parents, teachers, and other school and community personnel to assist in meeting the needs of students.
- Student Appraisal: The school counselor accurately interprets test results and other student data. The counselor also provides educational placement of students by using appropriate educational assessment strategies.
- Professional Practices and Development: The school counselor adheres to ethical standards of the counseling profession, and abides by policies and procedures that govern the schools. The counselor also participates in professional associations and upgrades professional knowledge and skills when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as report cards, transcripts, health records, and procedure manuals consistent with the duties of this position;
- Ability to compose and write routine reports consistent with the duties of this position;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrator, staff and the public consistent with the duties of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Stellar writing ability in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Familiarity with basic computer operation and software. Ability to learn various computer operations required for management of student information and integration of technology in classroom instruction.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee may encounter. The employee continuously interacts with the customers and staff.
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors or Masters in K-12 School Counseling or Education related field.
- 2 years or more experience in education.
- The supervisor in accordance with School Policy will evaluate performance in this position regularly.
For more information and to apply for an interview, submit a resume AND cover letter. All applicants will be considered.
About Enlightium Academy:
Located in downtown Spokane, Enlightium Academy is one of the largest providers of online Christian education to the K-12 market. Thousands of students across the country and around the world have used the Enlightium online program. This is a fast growing and exciting company which delivers cutting-edge, technology-powered solutions to families across the country, that enable students to learn on an individualized basis with unlimited support.