U.S. History (AP® Courses Offered)
This elective was created for students who want to dig deeper into U.S. history and find more than dates and facts, but understand the relationship between the people, events, and movements that shaped the United States from 1492 into the modern era. Emphasis on the broad themes of war and treaties, territorial expansion, immigration, slavery, civil rights, labor history, and constitutional controversies support critical thinking skills and encourage discussion throughout this self-directed course. The course units include text-based content, on and off-computer exercises, special projects, quizzes, and tests that appeal to today's learners and help teachers to evaluate progress and mastery of the materials. U.S. History (for use with AP* courses) enriches the educational experience for Christian school students and sparks a passion for learning. An additional textbook is required.
Throughout the course, students will explore the following topics:
• The Age of Discovery and colonial Settlement (1500-1692)
• Pre-Revolutionary America (1608-1775)
• The Revolutionary Period and the Early Republic (1775-1800)
• The Development of Jeffersonian Democracy (1800-1840)
• The Changing Face of America ((1790-1860)
• The Pre-Civil War Era (1841-1961)
• Civil War and Reconstruction (1861-1877)
• Forging and Industrial Society (1869-1900)
• America Moves: To the City and to the West (1865-1900)
• America's Age of Imperialism (1890-1912)
• Wilson and the First World War (1912-1918)
• The Roaring Twenties and the Politics of Boom and Bust (1919-1932)
• FDR and the New Deal (1933-1941)
• America in the Postwar Era
• Toward a New Century
Offered to Grades 10-11
Get Started with Our Online Academy
Enlightium Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course at any time! Visit the tuition page to learn more about pricing or click the button below to get started with enrollment today. Have questions first? Call us at 866-488-4818.
Get Started with Enlightium Academy Full-Time
Enlightium Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course as well as others at any time! Full time students can save up to 25% off tuition and have more support options available based on their need and budget. Visit the tuition page to learn more about our pricing. 1st Semester is from August 22nd to December 23rd. 2nd Semester is from January 9th to June 2nd. Have questions first? Call us at 866-488-4818.