- Tuesday, May 22nd: The Art of the Scribe Part II Webinar. Click here for more information and to register.
- Monday, May 28th: Memorial Day. Students will not be required to work, but will still have access to Ignitia. The office will be closed and teacher support will not be available during this time.
- Thursday, May 31st: The final day of the school year. See the “End of Year Notes” below for more information.
- Monday, June 11th - Friday, July 20th: Summer School. See the “Summer School Information” below for more.
End of the Year Notes
- Thursday, May 31st is the final day of the school year. Accounts will be shut down at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
- Students who are on track to finish the school year on time may take summer school courses (see “Summer School Information” below for more) or enjoy a well-earned summer break!
- Parents of students who are NOT on track to finish the school year on time should speak with the Progress Department concerning an extension of the 2017-18 school year.
- Summer school is scheduled for Monday, June 11th through Friday, July 20th.
- There are four summer school options:
- Extension of the 2017-18 school year for students who need more time
- Early start for the 2018-19 school year for students who would like to get an early start on all of their semester 1 courses for the coming year
- Summer school only is for students who want to take only one course during the summer
- Advanced Placement (AP) students are highly recommended to begin their AP course(s) early (see “AP Students” below for more information)
- Click the button below for more information and to register for any of these options.
- EA posts a new blog each week on topics including tips for homeschooling families, understanding your state’s laws for schooling, and understanding the technical requirements for learning from home. This month check out our blog series Christian Parenting, posts that offer Biblical guidance or Christian encouragement for your family.
- There are three ways to receive blogs:
- Enlightium Academy Family Alliance Facebook page (recommended) - this is a private Facebook page for current families, where we post school events like holidays and end of quarter reminders
- Enlightium Academy Facebook page - this is EA’s general Facebook page open to the public
- Enlightium Academy Blogs - subscribing will push new blogs to your email
- The AP examination will take place during the first two weeks of May, 2018. To take the exam, students should have registered with CollegeBoard. Students are also encouraged to follow the AP Calendar, to stay in the loop in terms of exams, practice tests, and important deadlines.
- Students taking AP courses during the 2018-19 school year are highly recommended to begin courses during the summer to ensure they can finish the course by April 2019’s testing dates. More information can be found on the Summer School Overview page.
- Families are encouraged to join the Facebook Family Alliance, a closed Facebook group available only to families currently enrolled in EA.
- This group offers:
- Chances to connect with other EA families
- School event and deadline reminders
- Exclusive staff and faculty event videos
- Opportunities to vote on various topics
- Blogs and videos to learn more about online private homeschooling
Social Media and Social Opportunities
- Enlightium Academy’s Student Council offers quarterly competitions for students, including video, photography and writing contests.
- Check out Enlightium’s Youtube channel. Families can find a backlog of EA videos from webinar recordings to Theology in Action videos and more.
- Students can sign up for Enlightium Social. Students can connect with one another through a social platform created specifically for Enlightium Academy students.
- Enlightium Academy offers about one webinar each month, ranging from advice in preparing for high school to learning more about Enlightium Social and the student council.
- EA’s spiritual development team previously discussed in this webinar series the online tools for being Christ-like online. How do we implement those tools?
- The Art of the Scribe Webinar is scheduled for May 22nd, 2018 at 11 am PT/2 pm ET.
- Click the button below to register.
- 1st Place: Praise God for a New Day by Bianca S., Florida
- 2nd Place: A Day in My Life by Emma W., Wisconsin
- 3rd Place: My Movie 6 by Madelyn R., Alaska
All video entries can be found on EA's youtube channel.
A Note from Teachers
- As we’re coming to the end of the school year, make sure you’re on track with all of your courses. You’re almost there!
- Talk to your teachers if you have questions. We’re here to help you!
- If you would like to change the payment card on file, date of payment, or payment arrangement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-488-4818 option 6.
- If you are planning any vacations or other time off from school please submit an absence form to ensure the Progress Department is aware of when your student(s) will not be working.
- If you’re having a great experience at EA, take advantage of our Referral Program. With the Referral Program, you can refer a friend, a neighbor or a member of your extended family to EA. You will receive a $50 Amazon gift card or $50 credit toward tuition. The referred party will receive a $50 credit toward tuition upon mentioning your name as the referrer on the application.