New This Month:
- July’s adjusted office schedule:
- Wednesday, July 4th: EA’s office will be closed. Summer School students will still have access to the curriculum, but will not be required to work. Teacher support will not be available.
- Each Friday of July: EA’s office will be closed. Summer School students will still have access to courses, but teacher support will not be available.
- Friday, July 20th: The final day of the summer school. Summer school students will have access to the curriculum until 11:59 pm PT/2:59 am ET.
- Friday, August 3rd: Summer School report cards and transcripts will be sent via email.
- Monday, August 13th: EA’s Open House; see “Second Annual EA Virtual Open House” below for more information.
- Wednesday, August 15th: The first day of the 2018-19 school year.
Have the Best School Year Possible
Families report that following these steps result in the best school year possible:
- Read and understand the emails from Enlightium Academy to stay up-to-date on current offerings and deadlines
- Join the Facebook Family Alliance to connect with EA staff and other families
- Reach out to Enlightium Academy at any point in the school year if you have any questions or concerns, no matter how small they may seem. A slight adjustment at the start of the school year can result in a better experience for the rest of the year
- Be involved in your student’s education:
- Take an active interest in your child’s daily assignments and ask how he or she is doing in courses
- Sign up for a parent portal or use the student portal for current grades and a progress overview
- Email the counselors or teachers during the year if you have any questions or concerns
Report Cards and Transcripts
- Thank you for your patience as we developed our report card and transcript software this year. If you have not already, please take the time to provide feedback and, if needed, to request report cards or transcripts to be corrected and re-issued.
- We also transitioned to a weighted GPA system, which increased the GPA for any students who took honors, AP or Concurrent Credit courses. This helps with class ranking so we can differentiate student GPAs more clearly.
- If you have not received a report card or transcript yet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request one.
- Families can request a report to be sent by mail by filling out this form.
- Reading is an excellent tool that will help students to increase their vocabulary, comprehension, and more.
- Students can choose any book(s) from the Recommended Reading List to qualify for extra credit for the 2018-19 school year.
- Public libraries usually have the books on the list to read; please have the list with you when you go to the library.
- The Virtual Open House will be a pre-recorded video with:
- Introductions by the heads of each department
- Academic school reminders
- Encouragement for students and parents to have the best school year possible
- The Open House will be on Monday, August 13th at 3 pm PT/6 pm ET; the video will be 20-30 minutes long.
- A link to view the video will be posted on the Facebook Family Alliance page and sent the day of via email; the video will remain available so that families may watch it at any time.
- Click here to submit any questions that you would like administration to discuss during the open house
- EA posts a new blog each week concerning online private homeschooling with topics including healthy meal planning and tips for families new to online schooling.
- This month check out our blog series Faculty Publications, where we highlight a published book written a member of EA’s staff.
- The best way to receive blogs is by joining the Enlightium Academy Family Alliance Facebook page.
- Summer school is scheduled through Friday, July 20th.
- Summer school students will have access to the curriculum until 11:59 pm PT/2:59 am ET on the 20th.
- There are four summer school options:
- Extension of the 2017-18 school year for students who need more time
- Early start for the 2018-19 school year for students who would like to get an early start on all of their semester 1 courses for the coming year
- Summer school only is for students who want to take only one course during the summer
- Advanced Placement (AP) students are highly recommended to begin their AP course(s) early (see “AP Students” below for more information)
- Click the button below for more information and to register for any of these options.
2017-18 Graduation Ceremony
- The 2017-18 Enlightium Academy Graduation Ceremony was held on Friday, June 15th at 3 pm PST.
- A 20 minute recording of the graduation video can be found here. Enjoy watching.
- Families are encouraged to join the Facebook Family Alliance, a closed Facebook group available only to families currently enrolled in EA.
- Check out Enlightium’s YouTube channel. Families can find a backlog of EA videos from webinar recordings to Theology in Action videos and more.
- Learn more about online private schooling by following EA on Pinterest.
- Follow EA’s Instagram for links to new courses and blog posts.
Social Opportunities for Students
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- GDPR is a new European Union (EU) consumer data protection regulation which impacts all EU residents.
- If you have questions about GDPR or your data, email email@example.com.
- Families pay for the school year’s tuition, which is sometimes spread out over the summer months to keep payments affordable. Families are not paying for monthly access to the curriculum
- This would have been communicated in your initial email from the Accounting Department.
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-488-4818 option 6.
- If you would like to change the payment card on file, date of payment, or payment arrangement, please email email@example.com or call 866-488-4818 option 6.
- If you’re having a great experience at EA, take advantage of our Referral Program. With the Referral Program, you can refer a friend, a neighbor or a member of your extended family to EA. You will receive a $50 Amazon gift card or $50 credit toward tuition. The referred party will receive a $50 credit toward tuition upon mentioning your name as the referrer on the application.