- Thursday, March 15th: End of the 3rd Quarter.
- Friday, March 16th - Sunday, March 18th: Quarter break. Students will not have access to Ignitia.
- Sunday, March 18th: Deadline for the Parent-Teacher Conference Follow-Up Survey
- Monday, March 19th: The start of the 4th Quarter.
- Friday, March 23rd: Enlightium Social Open Forum for grades 3-12.
- Wednesday, March 28th: EA’s Annual Spiritual Awareness Day
- Thursday, March 29th: 3rd Quarter reports will be emailed
- Friday, March 30th: Good Friday. Students will not be required to work, but will still have access to Ignitia. Teacher support will not be available during this time.
- Monday, April 2nd - Friday, April 6th: Spring Break. Students will not be required to work, but will still have access to Ignitia. Teacher support will not be available during this time.
- Registration is now open for EA’s Spring Stanford 10 (S10) testing.
- Grade 3 - students will be able to take the test due to an issue during fall 2017-18 testing period
- Grades 4 through 8 - the testing is not available until fall of 2018. See the S10 page for more information.
- Grades 9 and 11 - the testing is optional, but recommended. See the S10 page for more information.
- Grade 10 - the testing is required by EA.
- Grade 12 - the Stanford 10 is not available since students need to take the SAT prior to college entrance. Click here for more information on the SAT.
- Registration ends Sunday, April 8th and testing will be Wednesday, April 25th and Thursday, April 26th. Click the link for all details and to register.
- All Enlightium Families with students in grades 3-12 are encouraged to take the PTC Follow-Up Survey. All feedback is taken into consideration for continual improvement of the conferences.
- Families who participated in the conferences will have questions concerning PTC communication, areas for improvement, and overall satisfaction.
- Families who did not participate in the conferences will have questions concerning why they chose not to participate in the conference.
- Each family should only fill out one survey. The deadline for submissions is Sunday, March 18th.
- Enlightium Academy will hold a randomized drawing for five $10 Amazon digital gift cards out of all who participate in the survey.
Spiritual Awareness Day 2018
- March 28th is EA’s Annual Spiritual Awareness Day. EA Chaplain Mr. Robertson will speak about Christian culture, why it is important to developing minds and hearts, and how students can participate in some of the spiritual development offerings provided by Enlightium.
- A video recording of the sermon will be shared through EA’s Family Alliance page and on this page.
- Families are encouraged to watch the video and have an open discussion as a family about Christian culture and which offerings to participate in. Options include joining EA’s Bible study, studying new Theology in Action topics, and joining Bible Application webinars.
- EA posts a new blog each week on topics including tips for homeschooling families, understanding your state’s laws for schooling, and understanding the technical requirements for learning from home. This month check out our blog series Understanding Holidays, where we delve into the history of or aspects of holidays that you may not have known.
- There are three ways to receive blogs:
- Enlightium Academy Family Alliance Facebook page (recommended) - this is a private Facebook page for current families, where we post school events like holidays and end of quarter reminders
- Enlightium Academy Facebook page - this is EA’s general Facebook page open to the public
- Enlightium Academy Blogs - subscribing will push new blogs to your email
Families New to EA
- It usually takes about two weeks for new students to grow accustomed to the Ignitia platform. If the student is struggling with Ignitia after completing the Orientation course, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a one-on-one phone session between your student and a member of our staff. You can also call Ignitia Technical Support at 877-251-6662 if you experience any technical issues.
- Families with students in grades 3-12 should review the Ignitia Troubleshooting Techniques Handbook to resolve any minor issues that arise while using Ignitia, the curriculum used by EA students. Any additional issues can be resolved by calling Ignitia Technical Support at 877.251.6662.
- EA will be hosting an Enlightium Social Open Forum for all students in grades 3-12 to attend. We’ll discuss finding the right interest group or how to create a new one. We’ll also have a Q and A session at the end. Click here to learn more and to register.
- Students can sign up for Enlightium Social. Students can connect with one another through a social platform created specifically for Enlightium Academy students. They can create and join groups that correlate with their interests and socialize with other students at Enlightium Academy. This platform is designed to be a safe place and is monitored daily by Enlightium Academy staff. Learn more about Enlightium Social by clicking here.
- Families can join the Enlightium Academy Family Alliance group on Facebook. It is a group that has been set up for parents to share successes, struggles, and support for one another. Parents can coordinate meetings and study sessions with other EA families in this group. Enlightium Academy staff provides additional support and information based on parents’ questions, as needed. Join the Enlightium Academy Alliance group by clicking here.
- Check out Enlightium’s Youtube channel. Families can find a backlog of EA videos from webinar recordings to Theology in Action videos on Youtube by clicking here.
A Note from Teachers
- To learn about required or recommended purchases for English and science courses in grades 3-12, check out the “Curriculum” page. If your student needs materials for a project that are not easily accessible to you, such as a specific chemical or a piece of equipment, please contact his or her teacher to request an alternative project or alternatives to allow the student to complete the project.
- If your student in grades 6-12 does not have a Grammarly account, please email your student’s first name, last name, and email address to r.anderson@enlightiumacademy.
- Teachers will begin to more strictly enforce the expected way for students to turn in papers using Grammarly. They will no longer accept papers saved as a PDF. For more information about submitting essays, please visit our Grammarly newsletter.
A Note from Counselors
- Students should attempt to be caught up by the end of the 3rd Quarter. Speak with your counselor or the Progress Department at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Now that the tax season is upon us, many families find themselves with a refund. For this reason, we want to remind you that you have the option to pay off a portion or all of your remaining tuition early. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and say how much you would like to pay off and which of the following options you’d like to take advantage of:
- Make an additional payment, removing the final month from your payment schedule.
- Pay off a large portion of your tuition, reducing the amount paid each month in the future.
- Completely pay off your remaining tuition.
- If you would like to change the payment card on file, date of payment, or payment arrangement, please email email@example.com or call 866-488-4818 option 6.
- As the second semester begins, please remind your student(s) to start off the semester strong. Remember to check your parent portal often to catch any low progress early.
- If you are planning any vacations or other time off from school in the 2017-18 school year, now is the best time to submit an absence form to ensure the Progress Department is aware of when your student(s) will not be working.
- If you’re having a great experience at EA, take advantage of our Referral Program. With the Referral Program, you can refer a friend, a neighbor or a member of your extended family to EA. You will receive a $50 Amazon gift card or $50 credit toward tuition. The referred party will receive a $50 credit toward tuition upon mentioning your name as the referrer on the application.