High School Graduation Requirements
High school students are required to meet Enlightium Academy graduation requirements in order to earn a diploma. The goal of Enlightium Academy is to prepare students to meet the 21st Century demands of their post-high school education, work, and personal lives.
Enlightium Academy seniors must earn minimum of 21 credits* and a minimum 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Please note: since it is required for students to take a Bible course each year, students who attend EA for four years of high school should earn minimum of 24 credits. Students who first enroll at EA during their senior year are required to complete at least 25% of the course work or take at least five credits in order to receive a diploma; the student's counselor will assist in determining which courses need to be taken by the student.
College preparatory students and students who are pursuing an honors diploma must meet the following requirements:
- Earn up to 24 credits*
- Take at least 4 credits of Math (senior year may overlap with Senior Year Math-Based Quantities coursework)
- Take 4 credits of English (with emphasis on writing and literature in 11th and 12th grades)
- Take up to 4 credits of History/Social Studies
- Take up to 4 credits of Science (two of which should be in a laboratory science: Biology, Chemistry, or Physics)
- Take 2 consecutive years of a World Language. World Language courses include reading, writing, speaking, and listening comprehension
- Take a college planner class and entrance examination (ACT or SAT)
Please note that the student’s counselor will confirm the final credits required for each student to graduate. In addition to the above requirements, these students must also meet the following GPA requirements:
- College preparatory students should have a minimum of 2.7 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Students who are pursuing an honors diploma should have a minimum of 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- All high school students attending EA are required to take a Bible course each year.
Advanced Placement Program (AP)
The Advanced Placement Program offers college level courses. Contact the registrar or visit our AP page for additional information on available courses through Ignitia.
EA High School Diploma
Enlightium Academy requires the following criteria to be met or exceeded for a student to receive an EA high school diploma. This program is designed to meet the needs of the student who has attended Enlightium Academy High School for four years.
*Students who enroll after their freshman year will be required to fulfill their state graduation requirements and meet the yearly expectations of Enlightium Academy.
|Grading Scale:||Assignment weighting:||GPA numerical values:|
|93%-100% = A
90%-92% = A-
87%-89% = B+
83%-86% = B
80%-82% = B-
77%-79% = C+
73%-76% = C
70%-72% = C-
67%-69% = D+
63%-66% = D
60%-62% = D-
Below 60% = F
|20% - lessons of 100%
25% - projects of 100%
25% - quizzes of 100%
30% - tests of 100%
|A = 4.0
A- = 3.7
B+ = 3.3
B = 3.0
B- = 2.7
C+ = 2.3
C = 2.0
C- = 1.7
D+ = 1.3
D = 1.0
D- = .7
F = 0
Honor Roll and Scholar’s List:
Students who earn a 3.00 to 3.49 grade point average each semester will be placed on the Honor Roll. Students earning a 3.50 to 4.00 grade point average each semester will earn recognition on the Scholars' List. These individuals will receive specific awards for their achievement. In order for a student to receive an award, the entire semester coursework must be completed by the due date of each semester.