- Thursday, February 1st - Wednesday, February 28th: Parent-Teacher Conferences month. Click here for more information.
- Monday, February 19th: Presidents’ Day. No school for students. However, students will still have access to Ignitia and can use the day to work ahead or catch up. EA’s office will be closed, so no teacher support will be available.
- Tuesday, February 27th: Redeeming Social Media Webinar for all students. Click here for more information and to register.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences take place during the month of February 2018 for the second semester of the 2017-2018 school year.
- Parents can choose a date from throughout the month to accomodate families who may be busy or traveling.
- PTCs are an opportunity for teachers and parents to meet, often for the first time, and have an open discussion about the student’s academic performance.
- February’s Parent-Teacher Conferences are for students in grades 3-12.
- Grades PreK-2 will continue to have monthly conferences with Ms. Fenina.
- Conferences are conducted by phone or email, based on the student’s support program (Gold, Silver, etc.).
- The form must be submitted by Sunday, January 28th to register.
- Click the link below to learn more and to submit the Parent-Teacher Conference Form.
Redeeming Social Media Webinar
Subject: Redeeming Social Media
Host: Heath Robertson
Date: Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018
Time: 10:00 am PT/1:00 pm ET
Click here to register.
A Note from Counselors
- EA is offering offline electives to all students in grades 9–12. The purpose of offline electives is to encourage students to be more involved in their communities and to promote social interaction. Students’ approved extracurricular activities can now be tracked via the Middle School Offline Elective Form and recorded on their report cards once submitted and validated.
- Approved offline electives: private music lessons, band, choir, choreography (ballet/dance), cinematography, art/drawing, home economics, physical education, and organized sports. Concerning other electives, please contact your counselor for approval.
A Note from Teachers
- If your student (grades 6-12) does not have a Grammarly account, please email your student’s first name, last name, and email address to r.anderson@enlightiumacademy.
- Students have several opportunities to earn extra credit for the third quarter. Please note that for each course students can use only one of the following options per quarter:
- Students can write an essay about physical or virtual visits to museums, art galleries, historical sites and more to receive extra credit in an associated course. More information on road trip essays can be found here.
- If you are planning any vacations or other time off from school in the 2017-18 school year, now is the best time to submit an absence form to ensure the Progress Department is aware of when your student(s) will not be working.