New This Month:
- Thursday, May 31st: The final day of the school year. See the “End of Year Notes” below for more information.
- Friday, June 15th: EA’s 2017-18 Graduation Ceremony will be held at 3 pm PT via a video available at private URL. See “Graduation Ceremony” below for more information.
- Monday, June 11th - Friday, July 20th: Summer School. See the “Summer School Information” below for more information.
- Tuesday, June 19th - Friday, June 22nd: 2nd Semester Reports sent by email. For more information, see “2nd Semester Reports” below.
2017-18 Graduation Ceremony
- The 2017-18 Enlightium Academy Graduation Ceremony will be held on Friday, June 15th at 3 pm PST.
- A 30 minute pre-recorded graduation video will be available to all EA families to view at their own time via a private link
- Families with seniors will receive an email one day prior to the ceremony.
- Other EA families may view the graduation ceremony on EA’s Family Alliance page, which will be available starting on June 15th at 3 pm.
2nd Semester Reports
- Annual Progress reports will be sent to all families via email after June 19th. The report(s) will be sent to the primary parent’s email address.
- Families can now request a report to be sent by mail by filling out this form.
NJHS and ACSI Achievements
- Congratulations to the following EA students for receiving the following achievements:
- National Junior Honor Society Outstanding Achievement Award and a $500 scholarship which will be placed in a college savings account
- Christian K., Colorado
- Dakohta P., Texas
- Anna W., Alabama
- Publication in a book titled “Creative Writing Book of Winners” for an outstanding free verse poem. The ACSI publication will be available soon.
- Brittany B., Kentucky
- Reading is an excellent tool that will help students to increase their vocabulary, comprehension, and more.
- Students can choose any book(s) from the Recommended Reading List to qualify for the extra credit.
- Public libraries usually have the books on the list to read; please have the list with you when you go to the library.
End of the Year Notes
- Thursday, May 31st was the final day of the school year.
- Students who were on track to finish the school year on time may take summer school courses (see “Summer School Information” below for more) or enjoy a well-earned summer break!
- Parents of students who did not finish the school year on time should speak with the Progress Department concerning an extension of the 2017-18 school year.
- Summer school is scheduled for Monday, June 11th through Friday, July 20th.
- There are four summer school options:
- Extension of the 2017-18 school year for students who need more time
- Early start for the 2018-19 school year for students who would like to get an early start on all of their semester 1 courses for the coming year
- Summer school only is for students who want to take only one course during the summer
- Advanced Placement (AP) students are highly recommended to begin their AP course(s) early (see “AP Students” below for more information)
- Click the button below for more information and to register for any of these options.
Social Opportunities for Students
- Naviance is a website used by middle and high school students for college exploration and career planning. From Naviance, students will be able to access coursework, track community service hours, explore college and careers options, and more.
- Students are encouraged to log in, explore, and speak with their counselor if they have any questions.
- 1st Place: Praise God for a New Day by Bianca S., Florida
- 2nd Place: A Day in My Life by Emma W., Wisconsin
- 3rd Place: My Movie 6 by Madelyn R., Alaska
All video entries can be found on EA's youtube channel.
Social Media and Social Opportunities
- Enlightium Academy’s Student Council offers quarterly competitions for students, including video, photography and writing contests.
- Check out Enlightium’s Youtube channel. Families can find a backlog of EA videos from webinar recordings to Theology in Action videos and more.
- Students can sign up for Enlightium Social. Students can connect with one another through a social platform created specifically for Enlightium Academy students.
- Enlightium Academy offers about one webinar each month, ranging from advice in preparing for high school to learning more about Enlightium Social and the student council.
- Good job! Many blessings for a great summer rest.
Students can access recorded webinars and prepare for upcoming live webinars with their counselors. Webinars cover everything from financial preparation for college to online application services. The live webinars are available to current EA high school students and their parents, and include real-time question and answer sessions.