EA students will have the option to enroll in summer school to complete schoolwork at the Silver level support. There are four types of summer school students:
Extension of the 2017-18 School Year
- Students currently enrolled in the 2017-18 school year who need an extension to complete their school work. If you are not certain about whether or not summer school will be necessary, feel free to discuss your specific situation with the Progress Department (you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-488-4818 option 3) or the student’s counselor. For these students, the extension will be from June 11th to July 20th. Click here to apply for an extension.
- Early registration for extension (by June 4th) - $250
- Late registration for extension (June 5th–30th) - $300
Early Start for the 2018-19 School Year
- Students who are/will be enrolled in the 2018-19 school year and who would like to begin courses during the summer. The first official day of the 2018-19 school year is Wednesday, August 15th; however, due to the flexible scheduling provided by EA, students may start early.
- There is an increase to the discounted tuition for each month that the student starts early, unless the student is taking more than the full-time workload for the school year or taking an Advanced Placement (AP) course (see more under “Advanced Placement Student” below).
- Start date options:
- June 11th start date - a 20% increase to the discounted tuition (Ignitia will be unavailable between June 1st and June 10th)
- July 1st start date - a 15% increase to the discounted tuition
- August 1st start date - a 5% increase to the discounted tuition
- Application for Early Start students who have not yet enrolled for the 2018-19 school year can be found here. In the application on the “Student” tab under “Preferred starting date, if any” please select the appropriate start date. Note the above starting date options.
- Families who have already enrolled for the 2018-19 school year and would like to start courses during the summer can contact the Admissions Department at email@example.com 866-488-4818 option 2 to adjust the start date.
- Start date options:
Summer School Only
- New or Returning students who would like to complete up to 1 credit during the summer term. Summer school for these students begins on June 11th and ends on July 20th.
- Please click here for prices and to register for summer courses.
Advanced Placement Students
- For the 2018-19 school year, Advanced Placement exams begin in early May 2019. In order to have enough time to complete the course, AP students are encouraged to begin their AP course(s) during the summer.
- If the student is taking only an AP course during the summer, the early start fee is waived. Please make sure to note on the enrollment form that you are only taking an AP course during the summer and your desired start date.
- If the student is taking several courses, including an AP course, during the summer, the early start fee still applies. Please make sure to note on the enrollment form your desired start date.
- More information on AP courses can be found on the AP Courses page.