Private School Tax Season: Louisiana
Louisiana’s individual tax reduction program is one of the best in the country. Parents can claim tax deductions for private school expenses up to $5,000 per student each year.
Several states have K–12 private school education tax benefits, deductions, or refund programs. Please keep the following in mind:
- Enlightium Academy is legally a private school, not a homeschool.
- Enlightium Academy is accredited, an important distinction for several states in filing for tax benefits. Enlightium Academy is accredited by AdvancEd and the Association of Christian Schools International. More information can be found here.
- This article is intended to act as the first steps in preparing for filing; speak with a tax professional and/or conduct further research before filing.
- Laws are subject to change. Please note this article’s publication date.
- The most practical expense to request a tax deduction for is the tuition, although fees, curriculum materials, and additional supplies may be eligible
- Unlike many other states, there is no income limit for parents
- Student must be enrolled in grades kindergarten through 12th grade
- Student must be a resident of Louisiana
- Request a Verification of Enrollment from Enlightium Academy.
- Counselor approval is required based on attendance compliance.
For any other questions about Louisiana private school laws (or online school education in general), please call (866) 488-4818, or visit EnlightiumAcademy.com. Enlightium Academy is an accredited alternative education option for educating your child from home. Our program offers the comfort of a homeschool education environment and the quality of a private school education curriculum. Enlightium Academy is a private Christian school that offers a Bible-based, flexible, accredited, teacher supported, and affordable education. Enlightium Academy meets all accreditation and state education requirements for the State of Louisiana, while neither using the state curriculum or Common Core.