The Best Discounts for Online Homeschooling Students
Being a student can be expensive. From tuition costs to everyday items, families often find themselves looking for coupons and discounts. Thankfully, there are a myriad of businesses who want to help families just like you!
The businesses provide discounts primarily in at least one of three ways:
- Students must display a valid student ID. To receive an ID from Enlightium Academy, visit EA’s Student ID Card page,
- Students must provide a school email address (which EA does not provide), AND/OR
- Students must enter the location of their school (which students can search for online)
- Banana Republic offers students and teachers a 15% discount with the purchase of any full-price item in stores only. Students will be expected to show a valid ID at the time of purchase.
- Eddie Bauer enables students a 15% discount with the purchase of any full-price item in stores only. Students will be expected to show a valid ID at the time of purchase.
- Kate Spade allows students to qualify for up to 15% off in-store and online purchases by signing up for their rewards program. There are no additional fees for registering!
- J. Crew offers students and teachers a 15% discount with the purchase of any full-price item by signing up for the student discount program.
- Goodwill and Salvation Army, as well as many other second-hand stores, provide student discounts. The amount will vary based on location. Ask the cashier upon checkout.
- For school supplies, the best time to buy anything from pencils to backpacks to textbooks is usually after the beginning of the school year. School items are marked down so that stores can clear their shelves!
- AT&T provides discounts to students with a valid school email address. If students do not have an email address affiliated with their school, they will also provide discounts to students with a valid student ID in stores only.
- Verizon allows students to receive discounted rates by entering a valid school email address. This can reach up to 20%!
- With Sprint, students can have unlimited data for an extra $10/month.
- Norton Antivirus enables their customers to receive discounts on many of their software packages with a free valid Student Beans accounts.
- Microsoft has generously provided student discounts on Microsoft Office Suite, which includes popular programs like Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, with a valid school email address.
- Through their Student Deals, Best Buy will provide K–12 students with additional discounts and coupons by signing up with any valid email address and the name of the school.
- Microsoft also offers discounts on many of their products such as laptops, tablets, etc.
- At AMC Theaters, Regal Cinemas, and Cinemark also allow students to receive a discount on ticket prices with the presentation of a valid student ID at the time of purchase.
- Qdoba understands students needs. At participating locations, this restaurant will offer anything from a $5 burrito to 50% of any entree. They also offer a free rewards program that helps you rack up points and earn free food!
- While Chick-Fil-A does offer student discounts, it varies greatly depending on the location. Students can also participate in the Chick-Fil-A One rewards program to earn points with every purchase that they can then redeem for certain items!
- Chipotle offers a variety of discounts depending on the location. This restaurant will give students items like a free drink or deals like 15% off an entree of their choice!
Museums and Concert Halls
- The majority of museums and concert halls are eager to attract young learners. Whether for a specific exhibit or the price of general admission, these locations often offer discounts to students of all ages with the use of a valid student ID! Contact the local museums and concert halls for further details.
Car Insurance, Upkeep, and Transportation
- State Farm offers a number of discounts that apply to young drivers. The Good Student discount can reduce rates for students with a grade average of a 3.0 or higher and/or have made the Dean’s List or Honor Roll. State Farm also has Steer Clear Safe Driver that rewards drivers under the age of 25 if they have not 1) received a moving violation or 2) been in a car accident in which they were at fault.
- Geico provides high school and college students with several discounts as well. The Good Student discount applies to students with a B average or above. Their Good Driver discount may apply if the student has not been the at-fault driver in an accident within the last five years!
- Allstate offers the Teen Driver discount to single, full-time students under the age of 25 with good grades, the completion of the teenSMART driver education program, and/or attend school at least 100 miles from where the car is normally garaged. Other discounts may be applicable if your student uses the Allstate Drivewise or Cellcontrol apps.
- Nationwide Insurance enables students between the ages of 16 and 24 who are enrolled in school full-time to receive discounts on their car insurance. Like many of the other agencies, students must maintain a minimum of a B average. Your insurance agent make as for documents that verify enrollment, such as a report card or SAT results.
- Jiffy Lube wants to help students with the upkeep of their vehicles by offering 10% off certain services such as an oil change at participating locations. They also have an email list that will send participants coupons for minor services.
There are many more discounts available to students depending on their age, location, and other factors. Check out your local stores for more information!
For any other questions about online school education, please call (866) 488-4818, or visit EnlightiumAcademy.com. Enlightium Academy is an accredited alternative education option for educating your child from home. Our program offers the comfort of a homeschool education environment and the quality of private school education curriculum. Enlightium Academy is a private Christian school that offers a Bible-based, flexible, accredited, teacher supported, and affordable education. Enlightium Academy meets all accreditation and state education requirements, while neither using the state curriculum or Common Core.