Enrolling in an online private school is relatively simple for families located in Washington state. The minimum expected regulations are in place, and since Enlightium Academy (Enlightium) is located in Washington state, local families are more likely to attend Enlightium’s public events such as the annual graduation ceremony. Please note that this article is intended for families located in Washington state, so out-of-state students should review their state’s private school requirements.
Enlightium Academy is an online, private Christian school, but since students learn at home, many school district superintendents consider Enlightium Academy to be a homeschool. This is why it is very important when speaking to your local school district superintendent to note that Enlightium Academy is an accredited, college-prep private school, which should satisfy Washington state requirements. Resources for homeschooling requirements in the state of Washington can be found at the bottom of this article.
It is optional for a private school to be accredited in the state of Washington. There are, however, several benefits to being enrolled in an accredited school.
Enlightium Academy is accredited by AdvancEd and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) . These accrediting agencies hold Enlightium Academy to the highest standards in areas including curriculum, faculty credentials, and student expectations.
The minimum school year must consist of at least 180 days, or the equivalent in annual minimum hours offered, such as 1,000 hours for students in grades 1–12.
Enlightium Academy’s school calendar has 180 school days, so students who attend the full year meet this requirement.
Teachers must hold appropriate Washington state certifications except for instructors of religious courses or courses with no equivalent course in public schools.
As a part of Enlightium Academy’s dual accreditation, teachers are state and ACSI certified. Several faculty members have Masters degrees in their fields. Learn more at Our Teachers page.
Curriculum must include the following, which are all covered in Enlightium core courses:
- Social Studies/History
Curriculum must also include the following, which are available as electives:
- Basic skills of occupational education
- Development of appreciation of art and music
Private school students and homeschool students may be able to enroll part-time in their local school district to receive special education and related services.
Families who would benefit from special education services should speak to their local school district superintendent.
Admissions Articles by Enlightium Academy
- Steps to Take If Your Homeschool Student Has No Official Records
- 3 Things to Remember When Speaking with Your School District
Resources if Your State Considers Your Student a Homeschooler
How to Enroll
- To become familiar with the enrollment process at Enlightium Academy, you can watch this short video.
- Consider chatting with an academic consultant to see which teacher support and involvement tuition package would be best with our online curriculum. This will also give you an inside point of contact for questions and comments about our school.
- Toll-free phone number: (866) 488-4818
- Once you are ready to enroll, you will need to pay the enrollment fee by visiting this page and clicking on the blue button near the top of the page.
- Complete the enrollment form, where you can elaborate on your student's needs, desires and preferences for the counselor
- Our admissions team will contact you to discuss the next steps. Please reach out to us through the phone number or email provided above if you have any questions
For any other questions about Washington state private school laws (or online school education in general), please call (866) 488-4818, or visit EnlightiumAcademy.com. Enlightium Academy is an accredited alternative online education option for educating your child from home. Enlightium Academy is a private Christian school that offers a Bible-based, flexible, accredited, teacher-supported, and affordable education. Enlightium Academy meets all accreditation and state education requirements for Washington state, while neither using the state curriculum or Common Core.