Computer Information Systems
This course is a high school elective that explores the use of technology applications in both business and personal situations. The course provides key knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Communication skills
- Business technology
- Word processing applications
- Spreadsheet applications
- Database applications
- Telecommunications technology
- Desktop publishing technology
- Presentation technology
- Computer networks
- Computer operating systems
The course is intended to help students arrive at the following understandings:
- Effective communications skills and productive work habits can increase employees’ success.
- Technology solutions can help employees be more productive and effective.
Prerequisite: Keyboarding and Applications
Offered to Grades 11-12: 0.5 Credit
- Semester Elective = $350/credit
- Enrollment Fee = $150
- Keyboarding and Applications Course Description
- Full Course Catalog
Get Started with Enlightium Academy Full-Time
Enlightium Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course as well as others at any time! Full time students can save up to 25% off tuition and have more support options available based on their need and budget. Visit the tuition page to learn more about our pricing. 1st Semester is from August 22nd to December 23rd. 2nd Semester is from January 9th to June 2nd. Have questions first? Call us at 866-488-4818.