Art Appreciation A
Enlightium Academy high school students will have the opportunity to explore the world of visual art. Students will gain an appreciation for the subject through interesting lessons, projects, and multimedia. The beginning of this course is designed to equip students with the knowledge to understand and evaluate various works. This will include an introduction to color theory as well as the elements and principles of art. The latter portion covers the art of prehistoric times and early civilizations.
The purpose of this course is to equip students with a working knowledge of visual art and an understanding of many of the traditional processes.
The following topics will be covered:
- The Elements and Principles of Art
- Introduction to Art Criticism, Aesthetics and Art History
- Art Making and Visual Processes
- Art of Ancient Egypt and Early Civilizations
- Art of Rome and Greece
- Art of the Americas, Asia and Africa
Offered to Grades 9-12: 0.5 credits