Explore the AOP Ignitia Curriculum
Employing the latest multi-media techniques including graphics, games, and other activities, Enlightium Academy uses a curriculum that fosters a rich learning environment. The Ignitia™ curriculum, which was created by Alpha Omega Publications (AOP), is based on a learner-centered model drawing from current educational research.
Students can also choose from over 70 electives such as Music Appreciation, world languages and career-oriented courses.
Anytime access, no installation
Learning never stops! Perfect for your on-the-go schedule, Ignitia's Christian online homeschool curriculum is accessible around the clock.
Completely online, Ignitia makes software installation a thing of the past! With just a username and password, you're curriculum-ready in one business day. Students can also print lessons to complete school school work offline.
Automatic grading and feedback
Enjoy freedom from paperwork! Automatic grading and record-keeping conveniently records lesson assignments, test scores, and upcoming assignments for more hands-on teaching time. Students can immediately access the solutions to previously completed assignments for real-time feedback. No more waiting for teachers to grade all assignments! The assignments that contain essay questions require teacher grading before the solutions are made available.
Students are given 2 attempts on lessons and quizzes to reach a minimum threshold, that can be adjusted per student. Additionally, if a student does not pass the lesson the first attempt, the student is able to see which questions were marked correct or incorrect. Students are also able to provide detailed explanations for corrections on quizzes for half credit. Alternate tests are also available in many of the subjects when technical issues or other difficulties arise.
Assignment and Course Enrollment Screens
Know what's coming up in Ignitia with handy Assignments and Courses sections within the portal that show the student's daily assignments, a curriculum overview, due dates, subject reviews, and grades.
Ignitia provides a convenient and clear series of views for teachers, by which teachers can track assignments, progress, grades and more from a secure screen. Teachers can know exactly where their students stand and focus efforts to address and resolve challenges, reward achievements and celebrate successes. Teachers can send students messages directly to students from within the specific questions in a lesson students may be struggling with.
Dynamic, Media-rich Lessons
Bring learning to life with over 50,000 multimedia elements! Immerse the student in an enriching, multi-dimensional educational experience that includes video clips, audio files, challenging games, interactive exercises, and more.
History & Geography
Career and Technical Education
Review Course Details
Ignitia Electives for Grades 3-12
Students today need more than the basics to succeed after high school. Ignitia's electives were developed to ensure a diverse slate of rigorous online courses that today's families expect from an academic environment. From practical courses including business computer information systems and physical fitness to college preparatory courses such as trigonometry and world languages, students can fill out their schedules with courses that appeal to them and meet the needs they require for their future. Some electives are geared toward students with specific needs such as advanced U.S. history, advanced calculus, and GED preparatory courses in core subject areas. All courses are Bible-based and geared toward helping students build a Christian worldview that will stay with them throughout adulthood.
New Courses at Enlightium Academy
- Art Appreciation A = .5 credit
- The Works of C.S. Lewis A = .5 credit
- World History and the Church = 1 credit
- An Introduction to Logic part B = .5 credit
- Psychology A (updated with a new textbook) = .5 credit
- Spanish World Languages = 1 year/1 credit
- French World Languages = 1 year/1 credit
- Chinese (Mandarin) World Languages = 1 year/1 credit
- German World Languages = 1 year/1 credit
- Latin World Languages = 1 year/1 credit
- Essentials of Communication
- Engineering and Design
- Engineering and Innovation
- Engineering and Product Development
- Introduction to Consumer Services
- Nursing: Unlimited Possibilities and Unlimited Potential
- A/V Technology and Film Careers
- Banking Services Careers
- Construction Careers
- Introduction to Careers in Architecture and Construction
- Introduction to Careers in Arts, A/V Technology, and Communications
- Introduction to Careers in Education and Training
- Introduction to Careers in Finance
- Introduction to Careers in Government and Public Administration
- National Security Careers
- Teaching and Training Careers
- New Applications: Web Development in the 21st Century
- Intro to Information Technology Support and Services
- Software Development Tools
- Intro to Information Technology
- Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- Fundamentals of Programming / Software Development
- Intro to Network Systems
- Network System Design
- Principles of Coding (7-8)
- Health Quest (4-7)
- Career Explorations I (6-8)
- Career Explorations II (6-8)
- State History (7-8)
- Middle School Chinese (Mandarin) 1 (PeakPlatform) (6-8)
- Middle School Chinese (Mandarin) 2 (PeakPlatform) (6-8)
- Middle School French 1 (PeakPlatform) (6-8)
- Middle School French 2 (PeakPlatform) (6-8)
- Middle School German 1 (PeakPlatform)(6-8)
- Middle School German 2 (PeakPlatform)(6-8)
- Middle School Latin 1 (PeakPlatform)(6-8)
- Middle School Latin 2 (PeakPlatform)(6-8)
- Middle School Spanish 1 (PeakPlatform)(6-8)
- Middle School Spanish 2 (PeakPlatform)(6-8)
- Offline Electives (3-12)