MATH1300 College Algebra
In College Algebra, students master the foundational skills of algebra in order to prepare for higher level math and science courses. This course (or a similar one) is required for most college majors (even non-math related majors). College Algebra can be a challenging course because it covers most of the concepts that were covered in Pre-algebra, Algebra, Algebra II, and a few from Geometry. The course will include the study of the most critical components of algebra, geometry, and functions.
Course topics will include:
- Linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational, exponential, and logarithmic functions
- Systems of equations
- Conic sections
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to do the following:
- Graph, analyze, and solve many different types of functions and equations including linear, polynomial, rational, exponential, and logarithmic functions
- Solve multi-variable linear systems using matrices
- Model and solve real-world problems using a variety of mathematical methods
For NNU credit, the course to count for General Education requirements, a student must earn a grade of C- or better. The student would still receive credit from Enlightium Academy if they pass the course.
Grades 11–12: 1 Credit at Enlightium Academy, 3 Credits at NNU
- Completion of Algebra I with a C or better.
- Completion of Geometry with a C or better.
- Completion of Algebra II with a C or better.
- Completion of Pre-Calculus with a C or better.
Dual Enrollment (Concurrent Credit) Courses Price Chart
Additional payment (if applicable) is due within 30 days of enrollment. The Accounting Department will reach out via email to arrange a payment. Discounts do not apply to Dual Enrollment courses.
For more general information about Dual Enrollment Courses, and a list of all Dual Enrollment courses offered by Enlightium Academy, please visit the Dual Enrollment (Concurrent Credit) Courses page.
Get Started with Enlightium Academy Full-Time
Enlightium Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course as well as others at any time! Full time students can save up to 25% off tuition and have more support options available based on their need and budget. Visit the tuition page to learn more about our pricing. 1st Semester is from August 22nd to December 23rd. 2nd Semester is from January 9th to June 2nd. Have questions first? Call us at 866-488-4818.