Traveling the globe has never been more interactive. World Geography will take students across the U.S. and to the very ends of the earth to learn about the physical geography of each region, its culture and society, and its economics and politics. By looking at the history and its implications for the future of each location, students will develop their critical thinking and problem solving skills while getting a comprehensive view of the world in which they live. The course units include text-based lessons, on- and off-computer exercises, special projects, learning games, quizzes, and tests that appeal to today's digital generation and help teachers to evaluate students’ progress and mastery of the material. The World Geography course enriches the educational experience of Christian students and sparks a passion for learning.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to do the following:
- Select and use geographic tools to get information and make predictions.
- Compare places based upon their similarities and differences.
- Identify geographic factors that influenced historic events.
- Evaluate the interrelatedness and interdependence of physical and human systems and their impact on our earth.
- Analyze the role played by culture in the spatial organization of the earth.
- Define the key geographic concerns facing the world and strategize methods to deal with these issues in the future.
Students will also gain practice in writing and note-taking. They will be asked to create graphic organizers, conduct research, analyze information, and write essays on topics such as current events, energy resources, national parks, and more.
Offered to Grade 9-12: 0.5 credits(Semester or Summer Term)Full Course Catalog
Get Started with Enlightium Academy Full-Time
Enlightium Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course as well as others at any time! Full time students can save up to 25% off tuition and have more support options available based on their need and budget. Visit the tuition page to learn more about our pricing. 1st Semester is from August 22nd to December 23rd. 2nd Semester is from January 9th to June 2nd. Have questions first? Call us at 866-488-4818.