High School History Courses
History courses typically follow the pattern below. However, in some cases, based on the student’s previous school transcripts, your counselor may assign a history course that will meet your needs and the graduation requirements. Three history courses are required for graduation: U.S. History, Government, and Economics.
- World Geography or an optional history course
- World History or AP World History, or an optional history course
- U.S. History or AP U.S. History
- Government and Economics
Optional History Courses:
- State History
- The Vietnam Era
- 20th Century American History
- The Civil War
- High School Bible Courses
- High School English Courses
- High School Math Courses
- High School Science Courses
- High School Elective Courses
World Geography will take students across the U.S. and to the very ends of the earth to learn about the physical geography of each region, its culture and society, and its economics and politics...
World Geography is typically taken by freshmen.
Students in this history course will gain a broad perspective on how human society has been affected by and will continue to be influenced by the past as they make their way through time...
World History or AP World History is typically taken by sophomores.