Offline electives are electives not taken through Ignitia, the curriculum used by Enlightium Academy. Students in grades PreK–12 can take offline electives, which can include:
- Physical Education credits, such as soccer, basketball and football. Any recurring activity that meets the following requirements may earn Physical Education credit:
- 75% comprised of aerobic exercises, such as swimming, dancing, running, etc.
- 25% conditioning, such as stretching, weight lifting, etc.
- Please keep accurate record of the activity and time spent, and score the effort and skill level.
Home economics credits, which can be earned by regularly doing the following tasks and incorporating new skills:
- Cooking a variety of meals at home once a week under parent/guardian supervision. The parent/guardian ensure that the student:
- Sets up the table.
- Chooses and plans a meal.
- Shops and cooks for the meal and considers healthy eating options.
- Cleans up after the meal.
- Consistently helping with household chores.
- Planting a garden.
- Developing skills such as home design and management skills.
- Learning about textiles, fashion, and design.
Please check with your counselor to get an approval of the tasks you are planning to perform.
- Other electives, such as piano, vocal music, choir, and art; the following requirements must be met:
- The student’s engagement in the activity must consist of both teacher’s instruction and practice.
- A record of daily activity in the subject area and time spent must be faithfully kept.
If you are interested in taking an offline elective or would like to know if your student’s current extracurricular activities would count as an offline elective, please contact your student’s counselor.
Cost for Offline Electives
Offline electives are built into the standard package pricing and, unlike other electives, have a reduced price if the total (including the offline elective) exceeds the grade level pricing structure:
- High school students (grades 9-12)
- Pricing structure includes 7 credits of courses
- If the total course load for the year, including the offline elective, is less than or equal to 7 credits, there is no additional fee for taking an offline elective
- If the total course load for the year, including the offline elective, is greater than or equal to 7.5 credits, the offline elective fee* applies
- Middle school students (grades 6-8)
- Pricing structure includes 6 credits of courses
- If the total course load for the year, including the offline elective, is less than or equal to 6 credits, there is no additional fee for taking an offline elective
- If the total course load for the year, including the offline elective, is greater than or equal to 6.5 credits, the offline elective fee* applies
- Elementary school students (grades 3-5)
- Pricing structure includes 5 credits of courses
- If the total course load for the year, including the offline elective, is greater than or equal to 5.5 credits, the offline elective fee* applies
*The offline elective fee is $50 per 1 semester or 0.5 credit (60 hours), and $100 per 1 year or 1 credit (120 hours)
Steps for Taking an Offline Elective
- When selecting electives on the enrollment form, choose the “Offline Elective”.
- You can also talk to your counselor at any point in the enrollment process or during the school year.
- Your counselor will review your request and inform you whether or not the activity listed can count as an offline elective.
- If the activity was approved, the counselor will assign the appropriate Offline Course to student’s schedule in Ignitia and will inform the Accounting Department if there are any tuition changes. A member of that department will reach out to you with the updated tuition.
- During the semester or school year that the offline elective is being taken, keep good records in the Offline Elective Form (provided in Ignitia)
- Take at least two pieces of photographic evidence of the student completing the activity.
- Two weeks before the end of the semester or school year, upload the signed and filled out Offline Elective Form in Ignitia.
Offline Elective Forms
- High School Offline Elective Form
- Middle School Offline Elective Form
- Elementary School Offline Elective Form
While submitting the Offline Elective Form, students will be required to upload two pieces of evidence proving that the student engaged in the required activities. Photographs are the most common forms of evidence; photographs are used for verification purposes and will be stored with the student’s cumulative file. Please talk to your student’s counselor if you cannot or do not wish to send photographs.
The second piece of evidence can be a short written explanation of the elective course and how the student benefited from that activity.
Progress View in Ignitia
Work for Offline Electives is completed on the Offline Elective Form, so the real-time progress by the student is not reflected in Ignitia (if viewed from the parent portal or the student's Ignitia account).