High School Students
New This Month:
- Friday, August 3rd: Summer School report cards and transcripts will be sent via email.
- Monday, August 13th: EA’s Open House; see “Second Annual EA Virtual Open House” below for more information.
- Wednesday, August 15th: The first day of the 2018–19 school year.
- Monday, September 3rd: Labor Day; EA’s office will be closed, but students will still have access to Ignitia.
-p> Click here for a printable calendar, which your student can post at his/her work station.
- The Virtual Open House will be a pre-recorded video with:
- Introductions by the heads of each department
- Academic school reminders
- Encouragement for students and parents to have the best school year possible
- The Open House will be on Monday, August 13th at 3 pm PT/6 pm ET; the video will be 20-30 minutes long.
- A link to view the video will be posted on the Facebook Family Alliance page and sent the day of via email; the video will remain available so that families may watch it at any time.
- Click here to submit any questions that you would like administration to discuss during the open house
Have the Best School Year Possible
Families report that following these steps result in the best school year possible:
- Read and understand the emails from Enlightium Academy to stay up-to-date on current offerings and deadlines
- Read the 18-19 Family Handbook and notify EA if you have any questions
- Join the Facebook Family Alliance to connect with EA staff and other families
- Reach out to Enlightium Academy at any point in the school year if you have any questions or concerns, no matter how small they may seem. A slight adjustment at the start of the school year can result in a better experience for the rest of the year
- Be involved in your student’s education:
- Take an active interest in your child’s daily assignments and ask how he or she is doing in courses
- Sign up for a parent portal or use the student portal for current grades and a progress overview
- Email the counselors or teachers during the year if you have any questions or concerns
- Reading is an excellent tool that will help students to increase their vocabulary, comprehension, and more.
- Students can choose any book(s) from the Recommended Reading List to qualify for extra credit for the 2018-19 school year.
- Public libraries usually have the books on the list to read; please have the list with you when you go to the library.
New Courses for the 2018-19 School Year
- Enlightium Academy faculty members have created new courses that will be available to high school students starting in the 2018-19 school year:
- The Works of C.S. Lewis (grades 11-12)
- World History and the Church (Grades 11–12)
- An Introduction to Logic part B (Grades 11–12)
- Psychology A (updated with a new textbook) (Grades 9–12)
- World Languages
Social Opportunities for Students
A Note from Counselors
- Counselors are reviewing your student’s courses and, if applicable, a graduation plan
- Please check your email regularly for communication from your counselor or any other EA employee and reply in a timely fashion if needed.
- Scheduling a Calendly appointment is the best way to make contact with your counselor
A Note From Teachers
- To learn about required or recommended purchases for English and science courses in grades 3–12, check out the “Curriculum by Grade Level” page. If your student needs materials for a project that are not easily accessible to you, such as a specific chemical or a piece of equipment, please contact his or her teacher to request an alternative project or alternatives to allow the student to complete the project.
- Parents will be receiving their student's welcome letter in the weeks to come
- In these welcome letters you will find:
- Information regarding the teachers
- Appropriate contact information
- Office hours
- Grading expectations
- Links to helpful resources.
- Please remember to check your parent portal often to catch any low progress early in the semester. Students often need some extra motivation and accountability during this time to ensure they are able to stay on target for completing the year.
- If you are planning any vacations or other time off from school please submit an Absence Form to ensure the Progress Department is aware of when your student(s) will not be working.
- Ensure that you whitelist enlightiumacademy.com so that you receive all communication.
- Naviance is a website used by middle and high school students for college exploration and career planning. From Naviance, students will be able to access coursework, track community service hours, explore college and careers options, and more.
- Students are encouraged to log in, explore, and speak with their counselor if they have any questions.
Students can access recorded webinars and prepare for upcoming live webinars with their counselors. Webinars cover everything from financial preparation for college to online application services. The live webinars are available to current EA high school students and their parents, and include real-time question and answer sessions.
High school students are required to meet Enlightium Academy graduation requirements in order to earn a diploma. EA will also make recommendations based on the post-high school goals of the student. The goal of Enlightium Academy is to prepare students to meet the demands of their post-high school education, work, and personal endeavours.