A Parent-Teacher Conference (PTC) is a meeting by email or phone between the parents or guardians of a student and his/her teacher. Both parties discuss the student’s strengths and weaknesses in a particular course to determine how to best assist the student moving forward.
At Enlightium Academy, Parent-Teacher Conferences will take place during the month of November 2018 and the month of February 2019.
What is the value of a PTC?
- Observations on the student’s overall progress in the class
- Specific strengths
- Specific areas for improvement
- Suggestions on ways that the student can grow
- Helpful resources
- Any questions the family might have
Flexibility in Scheduling
Here is the process for PTCs:
- Families submit the PTC form below
- Depending on which form of communication the family chose, the teacher reaches out with one of the following:
- If by phone, the teacher will send an email with a link that shares the teacher’s availability and allows parents to select a time that will work well for them. The teachers are available for PTCs for an entire month, and even longer if needed
- If by email, the teacher will send a Teacher Detailed Report, which is a thorough review of the student’s performance. Parents can continue to communicate with the teacher in the same email thread.
What Will PTCs Look Like for Parents?
- Based on the program support level the student is enrolled in (Gold, Silver, etc.), the PTC will be either by phone or email; see “Parent-Teacher Conferences by Student Program” below for more details.
- The first contact for both phone and email conferences will be by email.
- Conferences begin at the beginning of PTC month and conferences are held in the order in which the forms were submitted.
- Parents who submitted the form early in the registration process can anticipate receiving an email from their student’s teacher earlier in the month, whereas parents who submitted the form later in the registration process will likely receive an email later in the month, or possibly in the following month, depending on the volume of requests that your student’s teacher received.
Parent-Teacher Conferences by Student Program
Silver Premium, Silver and Bronze students (grades 3-12) - conferences are by email.
Primary school students (grades Prek-2) - conferences are conducted monthly with Ms. Fenina, so no Parent-Teacher Conference Form should be submitted.
2018-19 Semester 1 Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Log in to your parent portal or the student’s portal to identify a course to select for the Parent-Teacher Conference.
- Please note that EA’s Parent-Teacher Conferences are designed to focus on quality PTCs over quantity. This means that for each student, only one or two courses should be chosen for a PTC, allowing teachers to dedicate more time to each conference. We recommend choosing the course where the student has the most room for improvement.
- In addition to PTCs, parents are encouraged to reach out to teachers throughout the school year as needed.
- Submit the Parent-Teacher Conference Form; the form will be available starting September of 2018. Parents will be notified of the upcoming conferences via email.
3. For the conferences, the student’s teacher will reach out to parents via email. Due to the volume of PTC requests, the emails are sent in the order in which they were received, so the conferences might carry over into December.
a. Students in the Diamond or Gold program
i. If you choose to have the conference via email, you will be provided a Teacher Detailed Report of the student’s performance and suggestions for improvement. You are encouraged to email the teacher throughout the year as needed to continue to learn how to best assist your student and evaluate progress.
ii. If you choose a phone call for the PTC, you will receive an email with a link to schedule the phone call sometime during the month of November.
b. Students in the Silver Premium, Silver or Bronze program - You will be provided a Teacher Detailed Report of the student’s performance and suggestions for improvement. You are encouraged to email the teacher throughout the year as needed to continue to learn how to best assist your student and evaluate progress.
- Thursday, November 22nd-Friday, November 23rd - School will be closed due to Thanksgiving break. EA’s office will be closed but students will still have access to Ignitia.
If you have problems filling out the Parent-Teacher Conference Form or have any questions about the PTC process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to talk to the faculty coordinator, contact Irina Martin at email@example.com.