4th Grade Science
Ignitia science for 4th grade Christian school students sparks scientific inquiry and encourages critical thinking that will take today's learners into the future. Students explore matter as they travel through space exploring not only the earth, but the sun, moon, and the planets. Exciting lessons cover the ecology of the earth and how weather and other scientific forces affect live on our planet. Infused with biblical content and Bible verses (KJV), students examine God's work in the world around them and engage in learning from a Christ-centered point of view.
This course is available in honors.
Internet-based and comprehensive, this course is challenging and interactive, providing tools within the curriculum to support self-directed learning with the guidance of a teacher. Learning games, multimedia elements, regular assessments, and engaging lessons are built within a learning management system that supports digital literacy and gives teachers the technology tools they need to streamline administrative tasks for more direct interaction with students. Like all Ignitia courses, lessons are delivered from a biblical perspective to help train students to view the natural world around them based on the Word of God.
Throughout the course, students will explore the following topics:
- Man's Environment
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Water and the Properties of Matter
- The Forces of Weather
- Exploring the Solar System
- Planet Earth
- God's Creation
- 4th grade science purchases/Modified 4th grade science purchases/Honors 4th grade science purchases. Please note that not all science experiment materials need to be purchased. If you are unable to purchase or find any of the materials, please contact your student’s science teacher and see what accommodations or alternatives are available.
- Science: Matter, the Solar System, and Earth
Get Started with Enlightium Academy Full-Time
Enlightium Academy has year-long open enrollment, so you can start this course as well as others at any time! Full time students can save up to 25% off tuition and have more support options available based on their need and budget. Visit the tuition page to learn more about our pricing. 1st Semester is from August 22nd to December 23rd. 2nd Semester is from January 9th to June 2nd. Have questions first? Call us at 866-488-4818.