Ignitia Troubleshooting: A Video is Not Loading
Lil' Billy is working on a science project. His teacher sent him a video to help him comprehend the concept before he starts the project. He opens the link. Suddenly, from the living room: “Moooom!”
The video won’t play.
The good news is that there are several solutions, any one of which will likely resolve the issue.
The bad news is that it might take a while.
If you do NOT have time to troubleshoot, you should use a separate computer.
If you have time to troubleshoot, you need to ensure that the computer in use is updated in the following areas:
1. Check your Internet browser.
Ensure that you are using Chrome or Firefox, the two browsers we recommend for use with Ignitia.
- If you are not using either Chrome or Firefox, download and use either one.
- If you are using Chrome, try Firefox. If you are using Firefox, try Chrome. These browsers may have updates available as well. Ensure that you are using the latest versions:
2. Check whether the video is based on Flash.
At the end of 2020, a significant chapter closed in the history of the Internet: Adobe Flash was discontinued. Some videos on the Internet still depend on Flash to run, meaning that they will longer function. If a video in Ignitia tells you that it needs Flash, then you will unfortunately not be able to watch it. Message your teacher telling them about the issue and asking if they have a different link to the video or an alternative resource.
3. Ensure that your computer’s Operating System (OS) is up to date.
If the first two steps do not work, ensure your OS is current. The Operating System is the software that your computer runs on.
- Ensure that your PC’s Operating System is up to date.
- Ensure that your Mac’s Operating System is up to date.
- Ensure that your Chromebook’s Operating System is up to date.
4. Check your security software.
Sometimes, a security software will halt a video from playing. If you feel comfortable with it, you can update, adjust, or temporarily turn off your security software to watch the video. Because we don’t know which security software you are using, we cannot offer specific steps for this. But these kinds of options are often easy to find in your software’s settings.
5. Contact Ignitia Technical Support.
If you completed the first four steps and still cannot view a video, contact Ignitia Technical Support at 877-251-6662.
If you are looking for a curriculum that allows students to work from home with their families, then consider Enlightium Academy (Enlightium). Enlightium is a fully accredited online private Christian school that allows students to work at their own pace with a flexible schedule. Our affordable tuition, individualized curriculum, and simple admissions process maintain the advantages of a homeschool education while also preparing students well for college. Additionally, Enlightium offers record-keeping and has worked with families in all 50 states to meet state requirements. Feel free to call us at 866-488-4818 if you have any questions about transferring to Enlightium Academy.