Ignitia Troubleshooting: A Video is Not Loading
Li’l Billy is working on a science project. His teacher sent him a video to help him comprehend the concept before starting the project. He opens the link. Suddenly, from the living room, “Moooom!”
The video won’t play.
The good news is that there are several solutions, any one of which will likely resolve the issue.
The bad news is that it might take a while.
If you do NOT have time to troubleshoot, you should use a separate computer.
If you have time to troubleshoot, you need to ensure that the computer in use is updated in the following areas:
1. Check your Internet browser.
Ensure that you are using Chrome or Firefox, the two recommended browsers to use with Ignitia.
- If you are not using either Chrome or Firefox, download and use them.
- If you are using Chrome, try Firefox. If you are using Firefox, try Chrome. These browsers may have updates available as well. Ensure that you are using the latest versions:
2. Ensure that Flash is downloaded.
If step 1 does not work, ensure that Adobe Flash is downloaded/up to date. You can find the link to download here.
3. Ensure that your computer’s Operating System (OS) is up to date.
If the first two steps do not work, ensure your OS is current. The Operating System is the software that your computer runs on.
- Ensure that your PC’s Operating System is up to date.
- Ensure that you Mac’s Operating System is up to date.
- Ensure that you Chromebook’s Operating System is up to date.
4. Check your security software.
Sometimes, security software will halt a video from playing. If you feel comfortable with it, you can update, adjust, or temporarily turn off your security software to watch the video.
5. Contact Ignitia Technical Support.
If you completed the first four steps and still cannot view a video, contact Ignitia Technical Support at (800)735-4193.
If you are looking for a curriculum that allows students to work from home with their families, then consider Enlightium Academy (Enlightium). Enlightium is a fully accredited online private Christian school that allows students to work at their own pace with a flexible schedule. Our affordable tuition, individualized curriculum, and simple admissions process maintain the advantages of a homeschool education while also preparing students well for college. Additionally, Enlightium offers record-keeping and has worked with families in all 50 states to meet state requirements. Feel free to call us at 866-488-4818 if you have any questions about transferring to Enlightium Academy.